It's World Oceans Day!!
Yemaya Collections probably wouldn't have been born if it wasn't for the ocean. It provides me with inspiration, grounding and energy - it's no secret - I just love it!
Today is the day we celebrate the oceans - so here are 10 awesome facts about an area of our planet that we know less about than outer space!
1. Our ocean's cover more than 70% of the world's surface - they are vital to our existence!
2. Less than 5% of the world's oceans have been explored, according to the world's ocean services.
3. 94% of the Earth's living species live in the oceans - that makes the human population look pretty small eh?!
4. 70% of the world's oxygen is produced by the ocean.
5. The world's longest mountain chain is underwater. The mid ocean ridge spans 65000km and is less explored than Venus & Mars!
6. The ocean is full of gold! There is 20 million tonnes of gold dispersed in the ocean - that's the equivalent of £9 per person on earth!
7. The ocean's house more artefacts than all of the world's museums combined.
8. The largest living structure on earth - the Great Barrier Reef - is in the ocean.
9. The water in the ocean takes about 1000 years to travel all the way around the globe - that's a pretty long time!
10. The most remote point in the ocean is Point Nemo - it's 2688km from the nearest land and can be found at 48°52.6′S 123°23.6′W
#yemayacollections #worldoceansday #oceanconservation #oceanlove